From September to November 2013, Jackson Healthcare surveyed physicians and hospital executives across the nation to identify the factors driving physicians to sell and hospitals to acquire medical practices.
- Internal subspecialists are most likely to sell their practice
- Many physicians consider hospitals their ideal buyer
- Most physicians are satisfied with their decision to sell
- Most acquisitions were initiated by the seller
- Primary care and cardiology practices lead acquisition activities
- Acquisitions bring challenges to hospitals