Here are typical questions the judges ask as they
review and discuss each hospital nomination:
- Is there a clearly defined community
- How did they identify this need?
- How are they meeting this need?
- How do they measure this need?
- How do they measure success?
- How will this program address this need going
- Are they meeting the need in a new or unique way
compared with similar/same programs at other hospitals/health
- Is something special happening in this
- Does the executive staff appear to be behind this
- Is the hospital invested in this program? How
- Does the community appear to be behind this
- How have patients/community members been impacted
by this program?
Of course, this is just a sampling, but it gets at
the heart of what's considered.
All the judges have on which to base their decisions
is what each program provides (i.e. how well they tell their story
and report their goals and achievements).
The key is to stand out. And the best way to
stand out is to focus on outcomes rather than
Most nominees report all the activities they are
doing throughout the year. Those that move on to be named finalists
report the results those activities are achieving (and/or will
achieve). They provide hard data rather than generalizations.
- Click here to
watch a 5-minute video tutorial that can help you respond to our
five core nomination criteria in the strongest possible way
- We published a guide this year on how to report
impact (note: impact is the highest weighted criteria within the
nomination), which you can download for free here
- Click here to access
the eBook featuring the ten 2011 winners and read the "Keys to
Success" section in each chapter to see what made each program
- So your team can stay in the loop of communications
throughout the 2012 Awards season, here is an overview of how the process
will work this year
- And, finally, in case our email communications get
caught in your spam filter or you don't receive them for some
reason, you can keep up on all our latest announcements here
Please call or email us anytime with
- Call us at (678) 690-7879